As our selection of high quality LED light bars and pods continue to grow, we wanted to provide a few more details on purchasing.
- Beam Pattern - We use multiple combinations of LED technologies, reflectors and lenses to get the best results for the installation. This results in different beam patterns that vary by different product lines.
As a generalization the following terms are true across our products lines:
- Spot - Spot lights will throw a far narrow beam.
- Flood - Flood lights will have a wide beam that does not go as far as a Spot beam.
- Combo - Combo lights have a combination of spot and flood technologies typically giving the furthest light toward the center of the bar or pod and the widest light toward the outside.
- Scene - Scene lights are even more concentrated at close range than our flood lights. Scene lights are great for work light scenarios.
- Light Color - We use a combination of colored LEDs and colored lenses to create different lighting effects depending on the line of product you are interested in. As a generalization, the following terms are true across our product lines:
- White (Clear) - Under normal conditions white lights are going to provide the brightest lighting experience.
- Amber - When there are particles in the air (dust, fog, rain, snow), white can reflect off of these particles making it difficult to see. In comparison, amber will cut through the particles better.
- Combination - We provide a number of combined options in both our light bars and pods so you can switch to the most appropriate color for the occasion.
- Other Colors - Other colors of lights serve a number of purposes such as hunting at night and can be achieved by adding one of our lens covers to our white lights.
- Sizes - The named size of our light bars and pods is a general measurement of the size. Depending on whether you are looking to put the light in a coutout or mount the light, the sizing charts for the light should be your primary reference to make sure it will fit.